Who we are
Our website address is: https://bakewellpottery.co.uk
Our Facebook page is: https://www.facebook.com/Bakewell-Pottery-101564567971157/
The Pottery Studio address is: Unit 5, Station Yard, Bakewell DE45 1FQ
Bakewell Pottery is a trading name of Xebec Information Systems Ltd
Short and Quick Version
We will not share or knowingly disclose any of your personal details to any third parties, except as required to by law.
What data is collected and how it is used
- Name and email address
For circulating newsletters – you can unsubscribe at any time. Use the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email.
- Comments made by you on the contact form
Are used to inform decisions made by Bakewell Pottery
- Name, address, email, and telephone numbers
If you use the studio we will keep the above for administration and emergency contact. For insurance purposes we need to keep a register of people who use the studio
- Age and parental consent (under 18 year old)
if you are under 18 we need a signed parental/guardian consent for you to use the studio
- Payment information
If you use the studio, in addition to the above, we will keep a record of payments made. We are required by HMRC to keep this for 6 years.
We do NOT keep or store any credit card details in any form – card payments are made via a secure payment terminal.
Digital videos and images
From time to time we may take and edit digital images and publish them on the website and Facebook page. Anyone featured in the video can decline consent to have it published, if already published it will be removed as soon as reasonably possible. If the image is of someone under 13 years old parental/guardian consent will be obtained.
How the data it is kept
Data kept by Bakewell Pottery
- Textual data is kept in an encrypted computer database held on the premises
- Forms, with signatures, are scanned and stored in the same database
- Mailing list (name and email) is stored by MailChimp – https://mailchimp.com/ – it is only accessed by authorised Bakewell Pottery staff
Data kept by third parties
- Digital media is stored on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/ and governed by their terms of service https://www.facebook.com/legal/terms
- and YouTube https://www.youtube.com/Our website uses plugins from YouTube, which is operated by Google. The operator of the pages is YouTube LLC, 901 Cherry Ave., San Bruno, CA 94066, USA.If you visit one of our pages featuring a YouTube plugin, a connection to the YouTube servers is established. Here the YouTube server is informed about which of our pages you have visited.If you’re logged in to your YouTube account, YouTube allows you to associate your browsing behaviour directly with your personal profile. You can prevent this by logging out of your YouTube account.
YouTube is used to help make our website appealing. This constitutes a justified interest pursuant to Art. 6 GDPR.
- For uniform representation of fonts, this page uses web fonts provided by Google. When you open a page, your browser loads the required web fonts into your browser cache to display texts and fonts correctly.For this purpose your browser has to establish a direct connection to Google servers. Google thus becomes aware that our web page was accessed via your IP address. The use of Google Web fonts is done in the interest of a uniform and attractive presentation of our plugin. This constitutes a justified interest pursuant to Art. 6 GDPR.If your browser does not support web fonts, a standard font is used by your computer.