The health and safety of all users of the studio is vital to us
Here is Bakewell Pottery’s Risk Assessment (pdf file)
You are responsible for acting in a safe manner at all times when using the Studio Facilities
The responsibility of Bakewell Pottery is to provide a safe environment for creating ceramics.
The main risks to your Health and Safety are:
- Ensure that your hands are dry when using electrical equipment
- Ensure that any equipment is plugged into the mains via the RCD devices
- Ensure that all spillages of clay & glaze are mopped up immediately
- Use dust masks when mixing glaze powder
- If you have problems lifting weights (notably bags of clay ay 12½ Kg) seek assistance
- Keep the area clear of equipment and cables
- Make the pottery staff aware if you are allergic to any substance, eg latex gloves
Food and Drink
- Eating and drinking in the pottery is not encouraged, if you want to then it is your responsibility.